Acer ZG5 Problem Characteristics
1. No Display
2. Power Button Led On
3. No response to keyboard and no alarm
Cause: Bios Problem
1. Go http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_one_150.html
2. Download the bios update 3309, open the folder and copy two files to a formatted fat usb stick.
3. Rename the file FLASHIT to FLASHIT.EXE and the second file 3309.fd(bios file) to ZG5IA32.FD rename them precisely like that, please check your spelling is correct.
4. Insert the usb stick into the usb left hand side make sure the charger is plugged in .
5. Hold down keys fn+esc and power up the laptop, when the power led begins to blink release the two buttons and press the power button just once, observe the usb stick flashing indicating it's flashing the bios
6. Wait until the laptop restarts and boots normally.
7. Shutdown the laptop properly.