Canon Pixma Ip3680 Reset procedures
Resetting Ip3680 is devided into to major parts, Setting the printer into service mode then using the reset software.
Part 1: Entering Service Mode
- You have to enter in service mode in order to use the resetter.
- Turn off the printer without pulling the power cords.
- Hold down RESUME button and press Power button.
- Keep holding down Power button and let RESUME button go.
- Then Press RESUME button twice then let BOTH buttons go.
- You will notice that the Alternate Blinking error is gone, this means that the printer is in Service Mode state.
Part 2: Using the Resetter
- After you download the resetter here, extract it and double click "iP3680.exe".
- Click Reload Button and you will get a new USB port.
- Load some papers in your printer and press the "Main" Button once, wait until the printing is done.
- Then press "EEPROM Clear" button to clear EEPROM.
- Then press EEPROM button and the printer will print some text.
- Then power off the printer(sometimes you have to press twice the power button to turn off) and turn on again. and its done!